Position: Assistant Brewer
Job Classification: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to: Head Brewer
Pay Rate: Hourly, based on experience
Gizmo Brew Works is looking to add to our production team! We currently brew on a 7 BBL brewhouse with plans to add an additional larger facility in the near future. We are a small but growing company, so you’ll have a chance to gain knowledge in every aspect of the brewery. We are looking for a candidate that is motivated to succeed with a young and ambitious brewery. Our ideal candidate will fit in with our company culture, have a work hard/play hard attitude and be motivated to grow.
Responsibilities and Requirements of Candidate:
– Have knowledge and passion for craft beer.
– Be a self starter with the ability to work independently.
– Over 21 years of age.
– The willingness to work odd schedules as needed, including occasional nights and weekends.
– Bachelor’s degree or equal equivalent or 1+ years of brewery experience preferred.
– Daily CIP of fermentation tanks and bright beer tanks
– Work closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets.
– General cleaning of cellar and brewhouse areas including floors, vessels, piping, etc.
– Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals
– Continually maintain all productions areas including equipment – (mill room, brewhouse, fermentation, filtration, spent grain area, bulk grain and grain storage area, as well as all walkways and driveways around or leading to brewhouse and cellar)
-Monitor CO2 levels in beer
-Attend production meetings and contribute to product improvement
-Work with other production and non-production departments as assigned and needed to fulfill orders
-Volunteer at beer festivals
(Other related duties may be assigned)
-Candidate should be willing and able to lift at least 55 lbs and move 165 lbs kegs and perform repetitive motion.
-Must be able to work in a wet environment, both in hot and cold temperatures.
Interested candidates: please click HERE and fill out the application. Once completed, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who have completed application form and send both a resume and cover letter will be considered.